Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Missing Pieces

I keep thinking about the Staats family and how the lost their little girl. I keep seeing this gorgeous baby's picture on Facebook and can't help but think of the beautiful life she and her family could have had. This baby hadn't even started life yet, but in the short 4 months she was here, she touched so many peoples lives. As I sit here and write this, I am getting so choked up. Tears are threatening my eyes. I feel so bad for them. I read Kellie's blog everyday and continue to check back throughout to see if there are any new posts. I feel like I know her, like this is happening to a close friend of mine. I don't know her pain but I feel pain for her loss. I can't imagine what she's going through, but I am crying nonetheless. I feel the need to hug her and tell her everything will be alright, but nothing ever will be for her or her family. How do you go on after a loss like that? How does life get back to normal if there's someone missing. My heart has broken for her pain. I literally think of her everyday. I see her daughters picture smiling so full of life and hope for the future and now she's just gone. How does a mother go on?
This only makes me feel worse at the type of mother that I am. I have 2 very beautiful children and sometimes I can't stand to me around them. I know that if I work hard that someday very soon I will be a great mother to my girls. Till then I am going to mourn the loss of precious Maddie along with her family as her death hit me pretty hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment